With the new year we are trying to eat a few meatless meals a week. I found this recipe to have tons of flavor.
Black Bean Quesadillas:
Servings: 2 folded 8-inch quesadillas
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
6 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for brushing the tortillas
3/4 cup minced red onion
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup black beans (drained, canned)
2 tablespoons lime juice
6 plain flour tortillas, 8-inch
4 cups Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until kernels begin to brown and pop, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer corn to medium bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in now-empty skillet over medium heat until shimmering; add red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes; stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Return corn to skillet and toss to combine; gently press mixture with spatula to lightly crush black beans.
- Transfer mixture to now-empty bowl, stir in lime juice, and season to taste with salt.
I made a small salad and cut up and avocado with some Greek plain yogurt and salsa! A very good vegetarian dinner.